What is a Pacesetter?
Each summer United Way of Val Verde County invites exemplary companies in the community to become a Pacesetter and participate in the Pacesetter Campaign. The Pacesetter Campaign takes place earlier than the traditional Citywide Community Campaign, which starts in September. Those dedicated businesses and organizations that serve as United Way Pacesetters finish their campaigns prior to the Citywide Community Campaign and, therefore, serves as a "Pacesetter", setting a model for the overall community for the Citywide Community Campaign.
What is Expected of United Way Pacesetters
Pacesetters hold a unique and important position in the Citywide Community Campaign. With their ability to influence the success of United Way of Val Verde County's Annual Citywide Community Campaign we encourage Pacesetters to follow these guidelines:
- Organize and successfully complete their internal campaign before the Annual Citywide Community Campaign Kickoff on September 29, 2016
- Communicate with your United Way representative of any issues that you may be facing or with any help you may need to run the most successful campaign that you can
- Promote and increase in giving and participation from your employees
- Report results to United Way of Val Verde County no later than one week before the kickoff so that your company can be recognized at the Annual Citywide Community Campaign Kickoff event.
Benefits of being a Pacesetter:
- Recognition at the Annual Community Campaign Kickoff
- Recognition on our website and social media as being a United Way Pacesetter who is dedicated to the community
- Access to additional campaign support from United Way of Val Verde County
- Being recognized as a leader for other companies to follow
- United Way Member cling to proudly display at your place of business.
For resources to help you run a successful campaign, please click here.
If your company is interested in becoming a Pacesetter please contact Robyn Maple at 830.774.0704 or email@example.com